The Diploma of Holistic Counselling course began in 2008 due to demand from students wanting to deepen their learnings gained from the Certificate of Holistic Counselling course.
For all health practitioners, therapists, counsellors, caring professionals, or persons whose hearts desire is to discover the truth in who we are and support others to do the same. Deepen your own personal practice through honesty, responsibility and compassion. For all health practitioners and therapists, caring professionals, or persons interested in enlightening their experience of life.
This is a unique opportunity to create in-dependence (self mastery). From this position true healing happens both personally and as a professional. Our holistic approach ensures transformation emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually thus manifesting your vision of life naturally.
The Diploma course is aimed at transforming practitioner’s personal patterns and experience of Self, enabling deeper insights, understanding and experience of the true nature of healing and Self. This enables practitioners to truly facilitate clients personal transformation from the depth of knowing and experiencing the divinity of themself.
The Diploma of Holistic Counselling includes 9 modules over 18 months, 7 study groups, 2 private consultations, course manual, 100 hour community volunteer placement, online classroom resources, 30 hour Effectiveness Training program, pair projects, mentoring webinars & certificates given on successful completion.
- The Big Picture: How we align with reality
- How You Manifest: Thought embraced by emotion
- Mapping one’s Lifestream: Identifying issues & their point of creation
- Aligning self judgment - Bringing our Projections home
- Moving beyond the past to the present. Being the future.
- Creating Your Day: Developing Mastery
- Soul communication: Laying the foundations to learning to trust oneself
- Who Am I Really beyond the thoughts: Freedom from our neuroses
- Mapping Emotional Addiction
- Direct Experience: Surrendering to the gestalt of feelings, pain and suffering
- Role of parents in psychological development
- ACE: Adverse Childhood Experience key components
- Attachment styles: Understanding and what to look for
- Neuroplasticity and the role of holistic counselling
- Acknowledging Needs
- Developing Empathy: Moving from past to future using art and movement therapies
- Working with Internal archetypes: Inner Child, Adult Self, Wise self
- Connecting with inner child, journeying to recreate a supportive inner reality
- Working with anger, grief, sense of obligation, fear etc
- Direct experience: aligning the pain body - turning anguish into bliss
- Unmasking and embracing the shadow self
- Aligning personal issues to experience the peace and truth of self
- Finding your place for support in your lineage
- The Work of Byron Katie –The Great Undoing: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life.
- Time magazine called it: Four Questions to Inner Peace “An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering” Byron Katie
- Learning and Experiencing the Inquiry
- The New Judge Your Neighbour Worksheet, Judge Your Body Worksheet, One Belief at A Time Worksheet
- The Worksheet
- 4 questions and turnarounds
- Literal Listening
- The Gift of Criticism
- Working with Difficult clients - keeping them on track
- Saying "No" or "Yes" who is it your have difficulties with saying how it it
- Doing The Work on personal stories of self, the body, relationships, stressful events etc
- Stressful Events: What are our motives?
- Introduction to the Principles of Family Constellation, by Bert Hellinger.
- Key components of Family Constellation work: Family History, The Family Soul, Orders of Love, Function of Conscience, Belonging, Balance of Giving & Taking, Fate, Those Who Come First come First.
- Movements of the Soul.
- Developing Open Focus to read the family history in the body.
- Family of Origin.
- Personal Constellations - Experience being a representative, part of the holding circle and insights.
- Experience this phenomenological approach through being a representative.
- Somatic Imaging developed by Dr Jane Peterson.
- Address issues such as adoption, abuse, illness, belonging and much more.
Personal Empowerment developed by Dr Thomas Gordon & Linda Adams 2 days in Certificate & 5 x 6 hours sessions 9am - 5pm
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Introduction & practice of counselling skills: Learning the helping Skills
- Problem ownership
- 12 Roadblocks to Communication
- Active Listening: Lead Ins, Common Mistakes
- Empathic Listening - identifying the needs
- Assertiveness skills: I Messages: Declarative, Confrontative, Preventative, Positive
- Win Win Conflict Resolution: Method III Problem Solving
- Feelings and Needs Inventory
- Developing empathy using micro-skills
- Identifying the Issue(s) through Active listening
- Learning to Identify and meet Personal Needs
- Goal setting
- Creative visualization: a simple and powerful tool reconnecting sub-personalities ie: wise self, sensual self, inner child, sexuality etc.
- Linking Systemic Constellations with Creative Visualization with art therapy, props, figurines and other techniques for one to one sessions
- Working with deep respect for the client and their fate
- Helping in Harmony
- Developing Open Focus to include all signals: words, breath, movements, Soma
- Learn how to create a healing visualization
- Trust yourself as a counselor through:
- Connecting with Inner Guides
- Soul Communication Meditation
- Spiritual Cleansing Technique
- Working with Archetypes: Adult/inner child/ Soul/wise selves
- Strengthening our Relationship with Life by meeting Death (Structural Constellations)
- Facilitating clients from Secondary movements to a Primary movement
- Interrupted reaching out (IROM) - symptoms, effect of, and working to resolve
- Setting up Constellations: Hands on experience for individual sessions
- Initiation of the Senses: Awakening Ones Sensual Self
- Enhancing Intimacy (In to Me See) in relationships
- The Language of the Masculine & Feminine in Relationship & Balancing them within
- Systemic Principles governing relationships
- Meeting in Love: A Return to Innocence, a new way of connecting sexually without the goals
- Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Components: Arousal Regulation, Neuroscience and Attachment Theory
- Enlivening and learning about sexual energy in the body: Transforming sexual energy into meditation
- Linking systemic work with internal sexual roles and archetypes
- Working with Sexual/Sensual/Feminine/Masculine selves to bring about balance
- Sexual abuse: systemic dynamics, working with to return to innocence
- Relationships including topics such as Marriage, Separation and grief, children, adoption, abortion, miscarriages etc
- Attachment Styles and working with them in relationships
- Working with sexual energy from a Tantric Perspective
- Your Disease is keeping you healthy: Speaking to illness and letting illness speak to you
- Creative Ways of working with illness
- A Holistic Approach to dis-ease with case studies
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Stress, Depression
- Biology Becomes Biography: Energy Psychology
- Case studies and working with illnesses
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Dissolution and Freedom Technique
- Introducing Somatic Experiencing (working with Trauma in the body developed by Peter Levine)
- Developing energetic boundaries in relation to trauma
- Resourcing a Client to work with trauma
- Memory Reconstruction: Reclaiming Lost Selves
- Working with Health and Wellbeing using Systemic Constellations
- The Intuitive Approach
- Client Questionnaire and Interviewing process
- Ethics, case management, supervision
- Who Am I Beyond the Story and Processes?
- Defining Oneself and Intention as a Counsellor
- Transference and Countertransference
- Values and Morals influencing how a counsellor relates to the client
- Boundaries, Dependency (Counsellor and Client), and Counsellor Congruence
- Breaks and Endings
- Ethical Decision Making process
Sessions with for 3 hours x 7
- Questions and Answers
- More exercises and deepening of previous unit taught
- Experiential exercises, case discussion, and opportunity to do personal work
- Relationship Project presentations
- Assignment presentations
- Further webinars are done via Webinars with Diploma students
Peer Group Supervision (Buddy groups)
- Provides ongoing peer supervision for case study discussions
- Practice exercises and modalities
- New information and research shared amongst peers
- Personal issues effecting being a counsellor.
- In class as well as Skype sessions are available
- Join The Awakening Group facebook group
- Webinar series
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland
Provides supervision for students beginning to work with clients
Dr. Jane Peterson
B.Soc Sc (Psych) TAE, IICT, AHHCA
Brenda founded The Awakening Group P/L in 1993. Her clear vision was to empower each individual to live their true potential. Since then The Awakening Group has grown from counselling, to counsellor training to offer online webinars and programs for organizations and businesses bringing teams together, effectively communicating to deliver results across the board.
Brenda B.Soc.Sc.(Psych) is a Holistic Counsellor, Trainer and Consultant with her practice grounded in over 30 years experience. She is the founder and Director of The Awakening Group accredited training programs and workshops conducted throughout Australia.
Over the past 20 years Brenda has taught at universities, lectured at conferences, appeared on TV and radio, written for magazines and conducted seminars throughout Australia and NZ. She has facilitated many workshops for private, corporate and governmental organizations on personal growth and professional development.
Brenda is a dynamic counsellor and educator who employs her intuition and professional knowledge to gently guide every individual in living their truth.
Throughout her career Brenda has combined her personal commitment to her own self growth and extensive, yet unique, professional training including Psychology, EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization Reprogramming, Art Therapy, Tantra, Eco-psychology, Soul Centred therapy, Kinesiology, Family & Organizational Constellation with world renowned facilitators (Dr Gunthard Weber, Dr Albrecht Mahr, Dr Guni Baxa, Dr Ursula Franke, Jakob Schneider, Dr Jane Peterson, Ed Lynch, Stephan Hausner etc). Further Brenda has trained with Bessel van de Kolk (one of the worlds leading trauma experts), as well as Pat Odgen; body centred psychotherapy. She has also trained in The Work of Byron Katie and is a Effectiveness (Communication) Training instructor.
Brenda combines the latest neuroscience, attachment styles, arousal regulation, memory reconstruction techniques to return clients to a peaceful sense of self .
Furthermore Brenda is a PACT Level 1 Couples counsellor having trained with Dr Stan Tatkin, the Founder of the Psychobiological Approach for Couple Therapy.
You have the power within to transform and live your hearts desire. Brenda creates an opportunity to take you and your experience in relationships, life, sexuality, career and love a step further in authenticity to be the person you dreamed yourself to be. Discover and live new possibilities within yourself, relationships, career, sexually, health, with money and life.
Individual sessions, couple counselling and workshops are available (also via Zoom online) to support you in moving into the freedom of being. Issues of anxiety, fear, stress, anger, grief, sexuality, illness, relationships and much more are addressed with each session personally tailored to transform issues standing in the way of being the more of you.
Here’s what one client said:
“Thank you for today. I feel Amazing!!!”
Brenda has written for:
She has been quoted in:
and appeared on Channel 9’s Alternatives pilot program facilitating “Unmasking The Wild Woman” with guest Catriona Rowntree (Getaway presenter)
[ecs-list-events cat="brenda" limit="8"]
CERTIFIED FACILITIATOR OF THE WORK OF BYRON KATIE
Since her first introduction to The Work in 1995, Rosie has been passionate about this tool for freedom. She lived and worked with Katie for 2 years setting up the Center For The Work in Barstow, California. Rosie was the primary facilitator at The Center For The Work when Katie was unavailable. Since her return to Australia in 1998, she has been offering workshops, retreats, private sessions and evenings of The Work throughout Australia and New Zealand. She is a certified facilitator of The Work and brings a depth of wisdom and truth, honesty and compassion, love and laughter to this life changing work.
MA FAMILY THERAPY, GRAD DIP APP SC (PSYCHIATRIC NURSING)
B AD VOC ED. IICT, ETIA QLD, CNVC CERTIFIED TRAINER
Cate Crombie is an internationally accredited trainer with the Centre for Nonviolent Communication (CNVC) based in the USA and an ETIA Effectiveness Training instructor.
Until recently, Cate was the President of CNVC USA and for many years the CEO of ETIA Ltd, but is now President of ETIA QLD a not-for-profit registered training organization coordinating effectiveness communication programs. Cate has worked in numerous roles in Australia, NZ and Singapore with parents (being a mother of 3 girls and grandmother) and schools for over 25 years including offering community education in interpersonal communication, parenting and anti-bullying as well as school/community liaison. Cate currently facilitates Compassionate Communication training workshops and sessions in a variety of settings including community centres, corporate organizations, disability organizations, and private as well as state schools.
Cate has a deep commitment to building community and making family life and life for individuals easier and more wonderful through acknowledgement, encouragement, environment, enlightened education and training.
DIP HC, BAPPSC, MA, IICT
Celia is well versed in the needs of students and workshop participants across a range of disciplines. She has worked as a university tutor and research assistant and is qualified as a Holistic Counsellor and undertaken her Systemic Constellation Facilitator Training with The Awakening Group. Her background is in health and welfare. She trained and worked as a registered general nurse, and completed degrees in Human Movement (BAppSc Hons), Recreation & Leisure Studies (MA), Sociology (PhD) and Teaching English as a Second Language (Graduate Diploma). Her thesis research investigated aspects of women’s work and leisure, ethics of care, and international childcare policies. Upon marrying and relocating to Seattle (USA), Celia’s focus became her family. Her three children rekindled her sense of play, inspired her to paint, and encouraged her to practice being resourceful, creative, empathic and patient. Motherhood also propelled Celia into facilitating a women’s support group, volunteering as an art appreciation teacher and becoming an executive member of numerous school and sports club committees. While working as a Teacher’s Aid supporting children with learning and physical disabilities, and volunteering as a home tutor for new migrants and refugees, Celia became more interested in understanding childhood and generational trauma.
Currently Celia is The Awakening Group academic student support as she has been there and knows the information, and requirements each student needs to gain competency.
Dr. Jane Peterson
Dr. Jane Peterson
Jane brings a wealth of experience, academic research and unmovable integrity to all the work she does with clients.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Adult education, how to best teach adult learners
Communication (CMM, among others)
Introducing and teaching concepts of Systemic Constellation Work (SCW)
What shapes us as human beings?
How technology is shaping human beings
Meaning making, non-verbal communication, gesture, language, and somatic processes
Group dynamics in the workplace
Relationship dynamics in organizations
The intersection of brain/mind/body/relationships (Social Soma)
2009 MA, PhD. Fielding Graduate University
1991-1992 Fine arts and ceramic studies at OSAC (Oregon School of Arts and Crafts)
1991 Fine arts studies at Marylhurst College
1988-1990 Fine arts studies at PNCA (Pacific Northwest College of Art)
1987 4-week Intensive training in Process Oriented Psychology with Drs. Arnold Mindell & Max Schupbach
1987-1992 Studies with Process Oriented Psychotherapy
1978 BA, Chemistry, University of Oregon
Family Firm Institute (FFI) Certification work (2009): Launching Pad: A seminar for professionals new to interdisciplinary family business advisingTM; The Essentials: What family business advisors need to knowTM
DDPE Certification, Fielding Graduate University (first cohort) Professional Behavioral Coach, Michael grinder Associates, 2002 Clinical Hypnotherapist, ACHE certification NLP Health Certification, A World Health Community, 1998
NLP Master Practitioner, The NLP Institute of Oregon, 1997
FFI Family Firm Institute
ACA American Counseling Association
ISCA International Systemic Constellation Association
ODN Organizational Development Network of Oregon
VOIS Voice for Oregon Innovation and Sustainability
OHA Oregon Hypnotherapy Association
Faculty. International Intensive Workshop on Systemic Resolutions, Bernried, Germany. 2011
Principal trainer & program developer. Session 1, training for organizational systemic constellations. Shanghai, China. 2011
Faculty. IOCTI IV (International Organizational Constellation Training Intensive). Jalcomulco, Mexico. 2010
Faculty. Organizational Constellation training. Institute of Transgenerational Studies. Mexico City. 2010
Faculty. International Intensive Workshop on Systemic Resolutions, Bernried, Germany. 2010
Principal trainer & program developer. 2nd Online Organizational Constellation Facilitator Training. Human Systems Institute, Inc. 2010
Faculty. 3rd training, module 1, Organizational Constellation Training. CESAC, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2010
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, Oregon. 2010
Faculty. International Intensive Workshop on Systemic Resolutions. Bernried, Germany. 2009
Faculty. 2nd training program, module 6, Organizational Constellation Training. CESAC, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2009
Principal trainer & program developer. 1st Online Organizational Constellation Facilitator Training. Human Systems Institute, Inc. 2009
Principal trainer & program developer. Individual Session Constellation Facilitator Training. Human Systems Institute, Inc. 2009
Faculty. 2nd training program, module 2, Organizational Constellation Training. CESAC, Sao Paulo, Brazil. 2008
Principal trainer & program developer. Individual Session Constellation Facilitator Training. Human Systems Institute, Inc. 2008
Faculty. International Intensive Workshop on Systemic Resolutions, Bernried, Germany. 2008
Faculty. International Intensive Workshop on Systemic Resolutions, Bernried, Germany. 2007
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Athens, Greece. 2007
Faculty. Session 3, Family Constellation Training. Institute of Transgenerational Studies. Mexico City, Mexico. 2007
Faculty. IOCTI II (International Organizational Constellation Training Intensive), The Netherlands. 2006
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Duncan, BC, Canada. 2006
Principal trainer & program developer. Individual Session Constellation Facilitator Training. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, Oregon. 2006
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Hong Kong. 2006
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, Oregon. 2005
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Hong Kong. 2005
Faculty. IOCTI I (International Organizational Constellation Training Intensive), The Netherlands. (Only American invited to join faculty). 2004
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Edmonton, Canada. 2004
Principal trainer & program developer. Facilitator Coaching & Training Program. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Hong Kong. 2004
NASW (National Association of Social Workers) CEU’s granted to HSII training programs in SCW. 2004 to Present
Systemic Constellation Workshop. For 2008 HSII Training alumni. Porto Cheli, Greece. 2011
Systemic Constellation Workshop for Business. Shanghai, China. 2011 Systemic Constellation Workshop for Business. Hangzhou, China. 2011 1999-present, monthly SCW workshops, Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR
Transforming Difficult Conversations. With Placida V. Gallegos, Ph.D., W. Barnett Pearce, Ph.D., Paige C. Marrs, Ph.D., Linda M. Blong, Ilene C. Wasserman, Darrin S. Murray. Winter session. Fielding Graduate University. 2010
Resolving trans-generational patterns of trauma: An inherently liberating somatic modality for both client and therapist. With Judith Crop, M.A., A.B.S., L.P.C. National Association of Social Workers Oregon Conference. 2010
Systemic Constellation Workshop. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 2008
Organizational Constellations, Systemic Solutions Consulting. Brasilia, Brazil. 2008
Psyche, Soma, Soul. A 4-day women’s retreat. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Estacada, Oregon. 2007
Somatic Imaging Workshop. With Mark Wolynn, Director, Hellinger Institute of Pennsylvania. Portland, OR. 2007
Somatic Imaging Workshop. With Mark Wolynn, Director, Hellinger Institute of Pennsylvania. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Santa Barbara, CA. 2007
Working with Families and Businesses. Shanghai China. 2006
Family Constellations in Social Work. Singapore. 2006
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Esalen Institute, CA. 2006
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Esalen Institute, CA. 2005
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Perth, Australia. 2005
Applied Phenomenology: Deep learning and family/work constellations. With Valerie Bentz. Summer Session, Fielding Graduate Institute. 2004
Systemic Constellations Workshop. PESI. Shanghai, China. 2004
What makes love work in relationships. Invited by Fa. George Zee, Wah Yan College. Hong Kong. 2004
Organizational Constellations Workshop. Invited by Fa. George Zee, Wah Yan College. Hong Kong. 2004
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Sedona, AZ. 2003
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Sedona, AZ. 2002
Systemic Constellations Workshop. Reno, NV. 2002
Systemic Constellations. (First SCW workshop in Guangzhou). PESI. Hong Kong, Guangzhou, China. 2001
The Shaman’s Path. A one-week retreat for 30 people on Mt. Hood, OR with Peruvian mystic & shaman, Américo Yábar. 1998
Events Organized for others
Individual and Group Constellation Workshop with Jakob & Sieglinde Schneider. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2008
1st US Conference on Systemic Constellations. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2005
Seminar with Dr. Ursula Franke (Germany). Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2004
Seminars with Dr. Albrecht Mahr: Conflict Resolution and Constellations; and Health Issues. Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2002
Seminar for Dr. Gunthard Weber (publisher CA books). Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2000
Organized one of the first 21 day SCW trainings in US, with Sneh Victoria Schnabel.
Human Systems Institute, Inc. Portland, OR. 2000
Opening Presenter. 2nd Asia Systemic Constellation Conference, Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan). 2008
1st Asia Family Constellation conference. Three workshops & presentations. Taipei, Republic of China (Taiwan). 2006
Panel Member. An International Panel: Constellations around the World – Questions and Answers on all Aspects of Constellation Work. Represented USA on 10-member panel representing 10 countries at 4th international Systemic Constellation Congress, 2500 people attending. Wuerzburg, Germany2003
Using Systemic Constellations in a publicly funded organization. With Kent Layden. 3rd International Congress for Family and Human Systems Constellations. Wuerzburg, Germany. 2001
1999-present Facilitator, trainer, organizer, consultant, and thought leader in Systemic Constellation work.
1999-present Founder & executive director of the Human Systems Institute, Portland, OR
Started coaching & training business as LB Inc. (I was doing some of this as early as 1996 and taught 3-4 small NLP trainings between 1996 and 1998.)
1996 Designed, developed & maintained website for Blue Heron Productions introducing Peruvian Q’ero and Inca teachings world wide.
1993-1998 Professional sculptor and potter. Member of Oregon Potters Association (OPA). Represented by Changes Gallery, Mirror Pond Gallery, Essence of Fire Gallery.
1992 Founder & creative director, Laughing Bones Art Studio.
Co-founder and treasurer of Essence of Fire co-op gallery with other members of OPA.
1978-1987 Tektronix, Inc. 5 promotions in 8 years: Manufacturing Engineer; Product line engineer; Project Manager; Manufacturing Engineering Manager and Reliability Manager; R&D Ink Chemist. Rapidly promoted from engineering to management. Experience in production, internal start-up company, new product introduction, research and development.
Publications & Awards
Peterson, J. (in press 2011) Prove it! The riddle of research. The Knowing Field Journal (17)
Peterson, J. (in press 2011). In the Spotlight. Kent Layden in conversation with Jane Peterson. The Knowing Field Journal (17)
Peterson, J. (in press). CMM and the case of the missing body. In Creede, C., Fisher- Yoshida, B. & Gallegos, P. (Eds.) Making lives and making meaning: Reflective, facilitative and interpretative practice of the Coordinated Management of Meaning.Madison, NJ. Farleigh Dickinson University Press
Peterson, M. J. (2009). Human 2.0? Conceptual Metaphors of Human Beings in Technologists’ Discourse: A Study of the MIT Media Lab’s Human 2.0 Symposium. (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from Dissertations & Theses @ Fielding Graduate University database. (UMI # 3351801)
Peterson, J. (2010). Somatic imaging. The Knowing Field Journal (15) 50-53
Peterson, J. (2010). Reflecting teams. The Knowing Field Journal (15) 54-59
Peterson, J. (2009). Jakob & Sieglinde Schneider in the spotlight. The Knowing Field Journal (13) 31-34
Peterson, J. (2006). Asking the hard questions. The Knowing Field Journal (8) 58-60
Peterson, J. (2005). Deep roots: Musings on the philosophy of constellations. In Lynch, J. E., & Tucker, S. (Ed.), Messengers of healing: The family constellations of Bert Hellinger through the eyes of a new generation of practitioners (pp. 40-57). Phoenix, AZ: Zeig, Tucker & Thiesen.
Peterson, J. (2005). Some heretical thoughts on organizational constellations. In Lynch, J. E., & Tucker, S. (Ed.), Messengers of healing: The family constellations of Bert Hellinger through the eyes of a new generation of practitioners (pp. 140-156). Phoenix, AZ: Zeig, Tucker & Thiesen.
Peterson, J., & Layden, K. (2001). Organizational case study. Systemic Solutions Bulletin (2) 45-47
Peterson, M. J. & Causley, G. C. (1989). Ink jet printer ink composition and process for producing same. (US Patent # 4,818,285).
Advisor to 2011 US Systemic Constellations Conference (Oct. 2011, San Francisco, CA). 2010 to present.
Board Member of the Knowing Field Journal. 2006-present. Advisor to 2nd US Systemic Constellation Conference. (2007, Ashville, NC). 2006-2007
Married since 1981 to the same wonderful man! Owned by two beautiful and mischievous Russian Blue cats nicknamed Bu and Schmu who assist with filing in my office. Enjoy gardening, singing, travel, reading, Chinese tea and dim sum.
CERTIFIED FACILITATOR OF THE WORK OF BYRON KATIE, CERT IV IN TAE, MEDIATOR
CERTIFIED FACILITIATOR OF THE WORK OF BYRON KATIE, CERT IV IN TAE, MEDIATOR
Wendy Davidson is an experienced Management Consultant and Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie.
Wendy’s career has encompassed community development work in the not-for-profit sector and more recently management consulting with business, government and community sectors. She works extensively with individuals and organisations in planning, development, mediation, facilitation and coaching.
Wendy utilises The Work of Byron Katie as a process to unearth personal wisdom, knowledge and capability and to elicit long-lasting change for individuals and organisations. Wendy offers The Work as method to identify internal obstacles, question limiting beliefs and transform lives.
“My own personal journey as a young child I would often lay on the ground in the dark, gaze at the night sky and look into the stars. I remember feeling that all was right in my world. I felt connected, at home, peaceful.
Then at the age of 8 my father died, suddenly. He drowned. Purposely, some suspect. As a child, I did not understand my father’s depression nor the mental illness that ran through his family, randomly carrying others on its tidal wave. I felt guilt, shame, not good enough and a deep sadness which became abiding unhappiness. I stopped looking at the sky. The stars went out.
From then on I lived my life on alert, looking for the next danger. I believed there was always something that could go wrong. I would try to control everything in my life and in the lives of others, particularly of those close to me. There was always something that might go wrong and I needed to manage it, control it, fix it. Nothing was ever right or good enough, including me! I used anger, criticism, and blame toward others and the world.
The Work helped me to unravel my learnt distrust. I learnt to notice when I’m on alert looking for the next danger and now find myself smiling at my old habits and need for control. It’s such a relief to understand that those long held beliefs and habits of anger, criticism, blame, and even self-loathing are simply reflections of a fearful mind”.
- Brisbane course starts on 13th March 2020 Friday 9am
- Melbourne course starts on the 21st February 2020 Friday 9am
- There are 3 units: The Work of Byron Katie, Family Constellations and Effectiveness Training online that are credited to the Diploma program. CLICK HERE for details.
- $6995 GST incl., full course cost
- $6695 earlybird price if paid in full before 1st February 2020 (VIC) or 28th February 2020(QLD)
- A $350 non-refundable deposit secures your place for the full cost. Please note payments are subject to The Awakening Group terms and conditions.
- The cost includes classes, study groups, maunal, little Loving What is booklet, online library access, student library with books, DVDs, CDs, Effectiveness Training workbook, certificate, two individual sessions, mentoring etc.
- 7 extra individual sessions are required with a number of the trainers at approx $95 - $130 ea.
- Course texts below cost approximately: $180 - $200 although a limited number are available to borrow from library
- Melbourne Australia Shiatsu College, 103 Evans St Brunswick
- Brisbane Bardon Counselling and Natural Therapy Centre, 151 Boundary Rd, Bardon
Introductory Course Webinar
- Case studies, 2 x 7 day Take home Review questions, Class presentations (10 minute & peer project), autobiography & unit review questions, audio recordings, journal writing, 100 hour community placement
- International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) - membership & insurance in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Gibraltar.
- Australian Holistic Healers and Counsellors Association: AHHCA accredited - membership & insurance see www.ahha.org.au
- Effectiveness Training accredited with ETIA Ltd
- The course is over 700 hours training over 18 months - 2 years.
Cost is approximately $180 - $220 for text books. Students may borrow books from our student library.
- Loving What Is By Byron Katie
- A New Earth By Eckhart Tolle
- The Gift of Therapy By Irvin Yalom
- Loves Hidden Symmetry by Bert Hellinger
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for restoring the wisdom of your body. By Peter Levine
- Wired for Love By Stan Tatkin
- Be Your Best By Linda Adams
- It Didn't Start with You by Mark Wolynn
- Personal Empowerment: Effectiveness Training workbook (on Enrolment for Effectiveness Training)