The Diploma of Holistic Counselling course began in 2008 due to demand from students wanting to deepen their learnings gained from the Certificate of Holistic Counselling course.
For all health practitioners, therapists, counsellors, caring professionals, or persons whose hearts desire is to discover the truth in who we are and support others to do the same. Deepen your own personal practice through honesty, responsibility and compassion. For all health practitioners and therapists, caring professionals, or persons interested in enlightening their experience of life.
This is a unique opportunity to create in-dependence (self mastery). From this position true healing happens both personally and as a professional. Our holistic approach ensures transformation emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually thus manifesting your vision of life naturally.
The Diploma course is aimed at transforming practitioner’s personal patterns and experience of Self, enabling deeper insights, understanding and experience of the true nature of healing and Self. This enables practitioners to truly facilitate clients personal transformation from the depth of knowing and experiencing the divinity of themself.
The Diploma of Holistic Counselling includes 9 modules over 18 months, 7 study groups, 2 private consultations, course manual, 100 hour community volunteer placement, online classroom resources, 30 hour Effectiveness Training program, pair projects, mentoring webinars & certificates given on successful completion.
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 days The Big Picture: How we align with reality How You Manifest: Thought embraced by emotion Mapping one’s Lifestream: Identifying issues & their point of creation Aligning self judgment - Bringing our Projections home Moving beyond the past to the present. Being the future. Creating Your Day: Developing Mastery Soul communication: Laying the foundations to learning to trust oneself Who Am I Really beyond the thoughts: Freedom from our neuroses Mapping Emotional Addiction Direct Experience: Surrendering to the gestalt of feelings, pain and suffering
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 Days Role of parents in psychological development ACE: Adverse Childhood Experience key components Attachment styles: Understanding and what to look for Neuroplasticity and the role of holistic counselling Acknowledging Needs Developing Empathy: Moving from past to future using art and movement therapies Working with Internal archetypes: Inner Child, Adult Self, Wise self Connecting with inner child, journeying to recreate a supportive inner reality Working with anger, grief, sense of obligation, fear etc Direct experience: aligning the pain body - turning anguish into bliss Unmasking and embracing the shadow self Aligning personal issues to experience the peace and truth of self Finding your place for support in your lineage
Trainer: Rosie Stave 6 days (2 weekends, 1 Advanced day and two evenings) The Work of Byron Katie –The Great Undoing: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life. Time magazine called it: Four Questions to Inner Peace “An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering” Byron Katie Learning and Experiencing the Inquiry The New Judge Your Neighbour Worksheet, Judge Your Body Worksheet, One Belief at A Time Worksheet The Worksheet 4 questions and turnarounds Literal Listening The Gift of Criticism Working with Difficult clients - keeping them on track Saying "No" or "Yes" who is it your have difficulties with saying how it it Doing The Work on personal stories of self, the body, relationships, stressful events etc Stressful Events: What are our motives?
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 days Your Disease is keeping you healthy: Speaking to illness and letting illness speak to you Creative Ways of working with illness A Holistic Approach to dis-ease with case studies Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Stress, Depression Biology Becomes Biography: Energy Psychology Case studies and working with illnesses Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Dissolution and Freedom Technique Introducing Somatic Experiencing (working with Trauma in the body developed by Peter Levine) Developing energetic boundaries in relation to trauma Resourcing a Client to work with trauma Memory Reconstruction: Reclaiming Lost Selves Neuroscience Working with Health and Wellbeing using Systemic Constellations
Trainer: Cate Crombie Personal Empowerment developed by Dr Thomas Gordon & Linda Adams 2 days in Certificate & 5 x 6 hours sessions 9am - 5pm The Therapeutic Relationship Introduction & practice of counselling skills: Learning the helping Skills Problem ownership 12 Roadblocks to Communication Active Listening: Lead Ins, Common Mistakes Empathic Listening - identifying the needs Assertiveness skills: I Messages: Declarative, Confrontative, Preventative, Positive Win Win Conflict Resolution: Method III Problem Solving Feelings and Needs Inventory Developing empathy using micro-skills Identifying the Issue(s) through Active listening Learning to Identify and meet Personal Needs Goal setting
Trainer: Catherine Ingram-Silver , Brenda Sutherland 6 days Introduction to the Principles of Family Constellation, by Bert Hellinger. Key components of Family Constellation work: Family History, The Family Soul, Orders of Love, Function of Conscience, Belonging, Balance of Giving & Taking, Fate, Those Who Come First come First. Movements of the Soul. Developing Open Focus to read the family history in the body. Family of Origin. Personal Constellations - Experience being a representative, part of the holding circle and insights. Experience this phenomenological approach through being a representative. Somatic Imaging developed by Dr Jane Peterson. Address issues such as adoption, abuse, illness, belonging and much more.
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 days Creative visualization: a simple and powerful tool reconnecting sub-personalities ie: wise self, sensual self, inner child, sexuality etc. Linking Systemic Constellations with Creative Visualization with art therapy, props, figurines and other techniques for one to one sessions Working with deep respect for the client and their fate Helping in Harmony Developing Open Focus to include all signals: words, breath, movements, Soma Learn how to create a healing visualization Trust yourself as a counselor through: Connecting with Inner Guides Soul Communication Meditation Spiritual Cleansing Technique Working with Archetypes: Adult/inner child/ Soul/wise selves Strengthening our Relationship with Life by meeting Death (Structural Constellations) Facilitating clients from Secondary movements to a Primary movement Interrupted reaching out (IROM) - symptoms, effect of, and working to resolve Setting up Constellations: Hands on experience for individual sessions
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 days Initiation of the Senses: Awakening Ones Sensual Self Enhancing Intimacy (In to Me See) in relationships The Language of the Masculine & Feminine in Relationship & Balancing them within Systemic Principles governing relationships Meeting in Love: A Return to Innocence, a new way of connecting sexually without the goals Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy (PACT) Components: Arousal Regulation, Neuroscience and Attachment Theory in pair bonding Managing Thirds Enlivening and learning about sexual energy in the body: Transforming sexual energy into meditation Linking systemic work with internal sexual roles and archetypes Working with Sexual/Sensual/Feminine/Masculine selves to bring about balance Healing Sexual Abuse Trauma: Systemic dynamics, working with to return to innocence Relationships including topics such as Marriage, Separation and grief, children, adoption, abortion, miscarriages etc Attachment Styles and working with them in relationships Working with sexual energy from a Tantric Perspective
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 2 days The Intuitive Approach Client Questionnaire and Interviewing process Ethics, case management, supervision Who Am I Beyond the Story and Processes? Defining Oneself and Intention as a Counsellor Transference and Countertransference Values and Morals influencing how a counsellor relates to the client Boundaries, Dependency (Counsellor and Client), and Counsellor Congruence Breaks and Endings Ethical Decision Making process
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland 1 day (online) From Foetus to Intimate Relationships Identifying Attachment Styles: Avoidant-Anxious, Ambivalent-Anxious, Angry-Resistant, Secure, Disorganised. Neuroscience of Attachment ACE scores and Attachment Experiencing Secure Functioning Couples Co-dependency Myth Cultivating a Holding Environment Naming, Claiming, Taming Connection Exercises
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland Sessions with for 3 hours x 7 Questions and Answers More exercises and deepening of previous unit taught Experiential exercises, case discussion, and opportunity to do personal work Relationship Project presentations Assignment presentations Further webinars are done via Webinars with Diploma students
Trainer: Brenda Sutherland Provides supervision for students beginning to work with clients
Peer Group Supervision (Buddy groups) Provides ongoing peer supervision for case study discussions Practice exercises and modalities New information and research shared amongst peers Personal issues effecting being a counsellor. In class as well as Skype sessions are available Join The Awakening Group facebook group Webinar series
- Melbourne/Online course starts on 5th February 2023
- Brisbane course starts on 3rd March 2023 – combination of face to face and online
- There are 3 units which can be joined that are credited to the Diploma: The Work of Byron Katie, Family Constellations and Effectiveness Training online. CLICK HERE for details.
- $6995 GST incl., full course cost (paid over 12 months)
- $6795 earlybird price if paid in full before 1st January 2023 (VIC) or 1st February 2023 (QLD)
- A $350 non-refundable deposit secures your place for the full cost. Please note payments are subject to The Awakening Group terms and conditions.
- The cost includes classes, study groups, maunal, little Loving What is booklet, online library access, student library with books, DVDs, CDs, Effectiveness Training workbook, certificate, two individual sessions, mentoring etc.
- 7 extra individual sessions are required with a number of the trainers at approx $120 – $135 ea.
- Course texts below cost approximately: $180 – $200 although a limited number are available to borrow from library
- Online Course via Live Webinars in Zoom Rooms
- Melbourne: Combination of LIVE online webinars and face to face workshops in Brunswick (see calendar under Additional information)
- Brisbane Bardon Counselling and Natural Therapy Centre, 151 Boundary Rd, Bardon & LIVE online webinars
Introductory Course Webinar
- Case studies, 2 x 7 day Take home Review questions, Class presentations (10 minute & peer project), autobiography & unit review questions, audio recordings, journal writing, 100 hour community placement
- International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) – membership & insurance in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Gibraltar.
- Australian Holistic Healers and Counsellors Association: AHHCA accredited – membership & insurance available see www.ahha.org
- Effectiveness Training accredited with ETIA Ltd
- The course is over 800 hours training over 18 months – 2 years.
- The Diploma in Holistic Counselling is independently accredited and is not Australian government accredited.
Cost is approximately $180 – $220 for text books. Students may borrow books from our student library.
- Loving What Is By Byron Katie
- A New Earth By Eckhart Tolle
- The Gift of Therapy By Irvin Yalom
- Loves Hidden Symmetry by Bert Hellinger
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Healing Trauma: A Pioneering Program for restoring the wisdom of your body. By Peter Levine
- Wired for Love By Stan Tatkin
- Personal Empowerment: Effectiveness Training workbook (on Enrolment for Effectiveness Training)